10th Biennial Conference of Research on the Colorado Plateau
2009 Theme: “Collaborative Conservation in Rapidly Changing Landscapes”
October 5 - 8, 2009
High Country Conference Center
Plenary Speaker: Paul Ehrlich - author of
The Population Bomb and co-author of
The Dominant Animal: Human Evolution and the Environment
Join us for a 4-day solution-oriented conference about the most pressing conservation issues facing not only the Southwest and West, but also virtually every other region in North America. This conference provides an interdisciplinary forum to explore research and land management issues related to the biological, cultural, and economic resources of the Colorado Plateau, Southwestern United States, and Mexico. The conference includes symposia, oral presentations, workshops, discussion groups, and short courses.
COMPLETE CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
Click here to download workshop sessions schedule.
PROGRAM & ABSTRACTS
Click here to download abstracts.
Click here to download conference flyer.
PRESENTATION & POSTER INSTRUCTIONS
Click here to download instructions.
ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW AVAILABLE!
Register Securely Online.
CARBON OFFSET DONATIONS AT THE REGISTRATION DESK
Donation to offset carbon emissions related to this conference. Click here for more information about offsets.
SPONSER INFORMATION SHEET:
Click here to learn about the great benefits of being a conference sponsor!
• Adapting regional natural resource management and conservation efforts to climate change
• Protecting biodiversity through restructured energy policies
• Adapting to water scarcity at the landscape scale
• Ensuring wildlife habitat connectivity across borders and barriers
• Building effective collaborative conservation networks
• Exploring US–Mexico borderlands conservation
- This Web site is regularly updated. Check back for additional details as event planning continues.
- Conference sponsors:
- U.S. Geological Survey, Southwest Biological Science Center
- Society for Conservation Biology
- Northern Arizona University (NAU)
- Grand Canyon Trust
- NAU Merriam-Powell Center for Environmental Research
- Northern Arizona University (NAU), College of Engineering, Forestry, & Natural
- Resources, Center for Sustainable Environments
- Colorado Plateau Cooperative Ecosystem Study Unit
- Ecological Monitoring & Assessment Program & Foundation
- Bureau of Land Management
- National Park Service - Colorado Plateau Cooperative Ecosystem Study Unit
- USGS Colorado Plateau Research Station