Proceedings of the Second Biennial Conference on
Research in Colorado Plateau National Parks
Editors: Charles van Riper III
Transactions and Proceedings Series NPS/NRNAU/NRTP-95/11, United States Department of the Interior, National Park Service
Sections may be downloaded
Forward and Introduction : H. Ronald Pulliam and Charles van Riper III
Section I: Physical Resources
- Geomorphology of the Hanging Gardens of the Colorado Plateau. Cathleen L. May, James F. Fowler and Nancy L. Stanton.
- Giant Sandstone Weathering Pits Near Cookie Jar Butte, Southeastern Utah. Dennis I. Netofj', Brian J. Cooper and Ralph R. Shroba .
- Large-scale Geologic Mapping in Great Basin National Park, Nevada. Janet L. Brown and Vidal Davila, Jr.
- Using Land-based Photogrammetry to Monitor Sandbar Stability in Grand Canyon on a Daily Time Scale. Leland R. Dexter, Brian L. Cluer and Mark Manone.
Section II: Cultural Resources .
- Radiocarbon Record for Archaic Occupation of the Central Colorado Plateau. Phil R. Geib
- Compositional Analysis of Temper in Emery Gray Ceramics From Central Utah. Kimberly Spurr.
- A Model to Study Fire Effects on Cultural Resource Studies of Mesa Verde. Lisa Floyd-Hanna, William H. Romme, Allan Loy and David D. Hanna.
- Public Support for Protecting Grand Canyon Resources. Frederic I. Solop and Elaine Rodriquez.
Section III: Natural Resources.
- A Preliminary Vegetation Classification for the Colorado Plateau. John R. Spence, William H. Romme, Lisa Floyd-Hanna, and Peter G. Rowlands.
- Level of Endemism in Hanging Gardens of the Colorado Plateau. James F. Fowler, Nancy L. Stanton, Ronald L. Hartman, and Cathleen L. May.
- Tissue Culture of Mature ponderosa Pine: Callus Induction and Differentiation. Yiqun Lin and Michael R. Wagner.
- Preliminary Survey of Leopard Frogs in Glen Canyon National Recreation Area. Charles A. Drost and Mark K. Sogge .
- Temperature Patterns of Rattlesnakes at National Bridges National Monument, Utah. Tim B. Graham, Trevor Persons, William Schaedla, and DonaldMoore
- Cowbird Concentrations at Livestock Corrals in Grand Canyon National Park. Matthew J. Johnson and Mark K. Sogge.
- Observations of a Great Blue Heron Colony From 1987 to 1993. TimB.Graham and RonW.Meyer.
Abert's Squirrels of the Colorado Plateau: Their Reproductive Cycle.
Gilbert C. Pogany and W. Sylvester Allred.